Water Quality inspectors will investigate complaints regarding drinking water quality, failing sewage treatment systems (STS), and stormwater quality. Complaints can be made over the phone by calling 330.926.5600 or through email at

Unfortunately, our department does not have authority to enforce issues regarding poor yard drainage, maintenance of road ditches, or the location where clear water is discharged (sump pump/groundwater). We recommend you contact your local municipality to see if they have any additional resources for these issues.

Complaints can be made anonymously, however if you would like the inspector to contact you regarding updates, you will need to provide your name and contact information, at which point it becomes a public record.