Information on COVID-19
Summit County Public Health is actively monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 situation. There is no evidence that the COVID-19 can be transmitted through food.
Here are some easy steps you can do to help prevent possible infection and spread of disease:
1. Wash your hands often with soap & water for at least 20 seconds.
2. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your arm or inner elbow, NOT your hands.
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
5. Stay HOME if you are sick, except to get medical care.
6. Clean and sanitize high-touch surfaces. Items such as door handles, railings, faucets, toilet handles, chairs, tables, push plates, and telephones. The surfaces should be cleaned and sanitized using an approved sanitizer.
For additional guidance for businesses and employers please visit www.coronavirus.ohio.gov. If you have questions regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19 please call 1-833-2ASKODH or Summit County Public Health at 330-926-5795.
Additional guidance on best practices for retail food stores, restaurants, and food pick-up/delivery services during the COVID-19 pandemic is available from the FDA.
Call (330) 926-5600 for more information on the Food Safety program at Summit County Public Health