COVID-19 Reopening Guidance
ServSafe Reopening Guidance: COVID-19 Precautions - English and Spanish versions available. Click HERE.
Find Certified Training Providers
Click here to search for a list of approved providers of the Level 1 and Level 2 Food Certification training programs in Ohio by county.
Person In Charge (PIC) Certification/Level 1 Certification in Food Protection
As of March 1, 2010 OAC 3701-21-25 (I) requires that all new food service operations have at least one person per shift that is Level 1 certified or higher. The following courses have been approved by the Ohio Department of Health for Level 1 Certification in Food Protection:
Providers of Person In Charge (PIC) Certification in Food Protection:
- 1st Choice Food Safety Training, LLC
- FND Consulting Services
- State Food Safety
Manager Certification in Food Protection/Level 2 Certification in Food Protection
Effective March 1, 2017, at least one employee per risk level III or IV facility with supervisory and management responsibility and the authority to direct and control food preparation and service shall obtain the level 2 certification (at least 15 verified contact hours) in food protection according to rule 3701-21-25 of the Administrative Code. *A certificate must be obtained from the Ohio Department of Health (ODH). Level two certification and a copy of the ODH certificate shall be maintained on site at the facility and readily available to the inspector during routine inspection.*
Providers of Level 2 Certification include:
- The Always Safe Company
- ServSafe Manager June 28 & 29, 2021 - Massillon, OH
- ServSafe Manager April 26 & 27, 2021 - Wooster, OH
- University of Akron - June 21, 23 & 28, 2021 - SPECIAL PRICING!
- University of Akron - Fall 2021 ServSafe® class
- Reigster by clicking here.
- FND Consulting Services
- National Restaurant Association ServSafe®
- Ohio Restaurant Association
The following online courses are approved for meeting the requirements of the Ohio Manager Certification in Food Protection:
- ServSafe Manager 7th Edition online (Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association)
- Learn2Serve Ohio Manager Certification in Food Protection online course (360Training.com)
- Super SafeMark: Retail Best Practicies and Guide to Food Safety Sanitation (Food Marketing Institute)
- TAPSeries Food Safety Manager Certification
- Diversys Learning (TrainingNow.com)
- StateFoodSafety (Above Training, Inc.)
- NEHA Professional Food Manager (National Environmental Health Association)
- Food Protection Manager Course (AlwaysFoodSafe.com)