What is WIC?
WIC is a nutrition education program that provides nutritious foods that promote good health for pregnant women, women who just had a baby, breastfeeding moms and infants and children up to age 5.
WIC can help your family with:
- WIC Nutrition Card (WNC) to shop at local grocery stores
- Nutrition education and support
- Breastfeeding promotion, support and education
- Referrals to Healthy Start, maternal, prenatal and pediatric care
- Manual or electric breast pumps for those who qualify
- Immunization screening and referral
- Voter registration