REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED!
Welcome to Mow GREENER!
Mow GREENER changes in response to COVID-19:
May 29, 2020 Update - We have less than 15 spaces left!! Please wait to receive your confirmation before purchasing new mower to make sure you made the registration cut off!!
Mow GREENER, ARAQMD’s inaugural lawnmower exchange program is STILL happening….albeit in a much different way than originally planned.
COVID-19 changed lots of things, including HOW we are running this program.
ARAQMD still wants to see 100 area gas powered lawnmowers scrapped and replaced with 100 brand new battery powered mowers.
ARAQMD is still ready to give registered participants a $100 Visa gift card as a “thank you” for making the switch.
What we can’t do because of the absolutely necessary Stay at Home Order, is host events in our 3 counties to collect the old mowers and hand out the gift cards. And, believe me, we are disappointed. We were so looking forward to meeting all our participants and handing you your gift card!
What we CAN do is roll with the punches and make changes to keep the program moving forward. Here are the changes:
- Extend registration deadline to MAY 31st....or until our 100 participant cap is met.
- Extend deadline for scrapping and receipt submission to JUNE 30th.
- Have registered participants surrender their mower directly to one of our participating scrap facilities once the Stay at Home Order is lifted or relaxed enough to allow for a drop off at a scrap yard.
- Submit copy of receipts for scrapping old unit & purchase of new battery powered mower to us via USPS or email.
- We’ll deliver your gift card to you!
**Deadlines may be extended based on changes with the Stay at Home Order.**
Register now before all the spaces are full! Registration Form
See below for new details!
Contact Dawn Meyers at email@example.com or 330-812-3948 for questions.
ARAQMD is excited to be offering our first ever Lawnmower Exchange program. You'll find all the information you need to participate here.
#MowGREENER is designed for households (not companies). Once registered (and confirmed) buy a brand new, battery powered mower, get a copy of your receipt dated after February 1, 2020 to submit, then haul your old gasoline powered mower to most convenient scrap facility to surrender, submit your receipts to us (scrapping & new mower), and we'll deliver a $100 Visa gift card to you as a rebate.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
- We will work with 100 total households. (*Spaces are reserved on a first come, first served basis.*)
- Households only...no companies! - limit one rebate per household.
- Participants MUST register and be confirmed to be eligible for the rebate.
- Lawn maintenance companies are not eligible to participate.
- Employees of ARAQMD and our partner health departments are not eligible to participate.
Sounds great! What do I do next?
- Register by completing this registration form and submitting one of these ways:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail: if mailing, call 330-812-3948 first to reserve your space then drop your form in the mail to: Akron Regional Air Quality Management District, ATTN: Lawnmower, 1867 West Market Street, Akron, OH 44313
- Because space is limited, and a certain number of rebates are dedicated for each county, we need to review each registration form. **Please wait to receive our confirmation email before purchasing your new mower.**
- Research and purchase (once the Stay at Home Order is lifted or relaxed enough to allow for shopping) the brand new, battery powered, lawnmower that will suit your needs from the retailer of your choice. (Refurbs are not acceptable for this event.)
- Make a copy of the receipt.
- Prepare your old gasoline mower to be scrapped by removing the spark plug & all fluids. This will be the last time you ever have to do it!!
- Once the Stay at Home Order is lifted or relaxed enough to allow for scrapping, go to one of the below scrap service providers and surrender your old gas mower. (Get a receipt!)
- Make a copy of both your scrap receipt and the receipt for your new battery powered mower and send them to us via email - email@example.com; or USPS to- ARAQMD, Attn: Dawn Meyers, 1867 W. Market St, Akron, OH 44313.
- FINALLY - We will have your $100 rebate card delivered to you.
If you have any questions, please contact Dawn Meyers, Health Educator, at 330-812-3948 or firstname.lastname@example.org.