Welcome to Mow GREENER!
Mow GREENER is changing in response to COVID-19!
We are still want swap out 100 mowers in our area, and how we envisioned that process must change.
Registration deadline extended: ALL counties have until May 15th (or registration capacity is reached..whichever comes 1st) to register.
Confirmed registrants will have until June 15th to complete required actions to claim their gift card. ("Required Actions" will be further defined once we have confirmation from all businesses involved that they can acommodate the new change. Due to Stay at Home Order, we are unable to confirm with every business that they can move forward with our new plan.)
Please contact Dawn Meyers at 330-812-3948 or 330-212.4925 or by email: email@example.com with any questions!
ARAQMD is excited to be offering our first ever Lawnmower Exchange program. You'll find all the information you need to participate on this page.
#MowGREENER is designed for households (not companies). Once registered (and confirmed) buy a brand new, battery powered mower, get a copy of your receipt dated after February 1, 2020 to bring to the exchange, then haul your old gasoline powered mower to the event to be scrapped, and we'll give you a $100 Visa gift card as a rebate.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
- We will work with 100 total households. 30 from Medina County, 40 from Summit County, and 30 from Portage County. (*Spaces are reserved on a first come, first served basis.*)
- Households only...no companies! - limit one rebate per household.
- Participants MUST register and be confirmed to be eligible for the rebate.
- Lawn maintenance companies are not eligible to participate.
- Employees of ARAQMD and our partner health departments are not eligible to participate.
Dates & Locations:
THESE DATES ARE NO LONGER CURRENT. See The Most UPDATED INFORMATION ABOVE THE LAWNMOWER IMAGE ON THIS PAGE!
- March 28, 2020 hosted by Portage County Combined General Health District at 705 Oakwood St #208, Ravenna, OH 44266.
- Register for this event by Monday, March 23, 2020.
- Scrap services provided by Allen Alloys of Streetsboro.
- April 4, 2020 hosted by SCPH & at ReWorks' HHWRC - 1201 Graham Road Stow, Ohio 44224.
- Register for this event by Monday, March 30, 2020.
- Collection this day is for lawnmowers only. No other materials will be collected.
- Scrap services provided by Harry's Metals of Akron.
- April 25, 2020 hosted by Medina County Health Department at 4800 Ledgewood Dr, Medina, OH 44256.
- Register for this event by Monday, April 20, 2020.
- Scrap servcies provided by City Scrap of Akron.
- All events are scheduled to run from 9:00 am to Noon.
- You can attend the event on the date that is most convenient for you. If the April 4th date is better for you, but you live in Medina or Portage county, by all means register for that date!
Sounds great! What do I do next?
- Register by completing this registration form and submitting one of these ways:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail: if mailing, call 330-812-3948 first to reserve your space then drop your form in the mail to: Akron Regional Air Quality Management District, ATTN: Lawnmower, 1867 West Market Street, Akron, OH 44313
- Because space is limited, and a certain number of rebates are dedicated for each county, we need to review each registration form. **Please wait to receive our confirmation email before purchasing your new mower.**
- Research and purchase the brand new, battery powered, lawnmower that will suit your needs from the retailer of your choice. (Refurbs are not acceptable for this event.)
- Make a copy of the receipt.
- Prepare your old gasoline mower to be scrapped by removing the spark plug & all fluids. This will be the last time you ever have to do it!!
- The process at this point is still being defined as of 3/25/2020.
- Utlimately you WILL receive your $100 rebate card.
If you have any questions ahead of the event(s), please contact Dawn Meyers, Health Educator, at 330-812-3948 or email@example.com.