REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Read on to find out how to get a $100 Visa® gift card for making the switch to battery powered mowing.
EXCHANGE YOUR OLD GAS MOWER FOR A BRAND NEW BATTERY POWERED MOWER.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
- We will work with up to 500 total households. (*Spaces are reserved on a first come, first served basis.*)
- If needed, we will establish a waitlist.
- Participants MUST reside in our service area: Medina, Summit or Portage County. (For a list of other counties with similar programs click here.)
- Households only...Lawn maintenance companies are not eligible to participate.
- Limit one rebate per household.
- Participants MUST register and be confirmed to be eligible for the rebate.
- Previous participants and employees of ARAQMD and our partner agencies are not eligible to participate.
Why Switch Mower Types?
- Battery powered mowers are cleaner running.
- Battery powered mowers are light weight & easy to start.
- No more gas, oil or spark plugs!
- Battery pack can be used in other same voltage/brand lawn care equipment.
- We'll give registered participants - who submit all necessary documentation - a $100 Visa® gift card.
How do I Participate?
- CLICK THIS LINK TO REGISTER.
- Phone registration information will be available soon.
- Wait until you receive our confirmation email before you do anything else!
- Once you have confirmation:
- Buy your brand new, battery-powered lawnmower from the store of your choice.
- Scrap your old gas-powered mower at the scrap facility of your choice. *Ask the scrap facility to mark on your receipt that you brought in a lawnmower.
- Submit a copy of your receipt for the new mower and your scrap receipt.
- Send a pic or screenshot of the receipts to MowGreener@schd.org.
- Copy of receipts can also be mailed to: Akron Regional Air Quality, 1867 W Market Street attn: MowGREENER, Akron OH 44313
- Schedule a time to pick up your gift card. Click link for list of available dates.
- Enjoy a cleaner, quieter mowing experience AND spending that $100 gift card!
When is This Happening?
- Registration starts March 20, 2023 @ 8:00 am. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Registration ends - unless already full - on May 31, 2023.
- All receipts must be turned in by June 30, 2023
- All gift cards must be picked up no later than July 14, 2023.
- Gift cards will be available for pick up most frequently at 1867 W. Market St, Akron 44313 (see schedule).
- Offsite card pick ups will be available on specific days. Schedule of available dates.
- All gift card pick ups are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. No drop-ins. Extra gift cards will not be taken to offsite locations.
**NOTE: Participants who fulfill all the requirements will receive a $100 Visa® gift card - NOT a full purchase price reimbursement.**
Resources for Participants
Buying guide from Clevland Division of Air Quality
End of Battery Life Options