April 8, 2024 is going to be an exciting day here in Summit County (and Ohio, too)!
In preparation, we're providing the information and links below so that all our residents and visitors can have a safe & healthy eclipse viewing!
Temporary Food Vendors
A temporary retail food establishment or temporary food service operation is a facility that is operated at an event for not more than five consecutive days. If you plan to sell food at an event for the April 2024 solar eclipse, contact the Food & Recreation program at SCPH to obtain a temporary food license.
Please note – your application MUST be submitted at least TEN (10) days prior to the event to allow our staff time to accommodate your request and schedule your inspection.
Click the following link to view and print the Temporary Food Operations License Requirements and Application.
Mobile Food Vendors
Ohio Law requires that every person, which intends to prepare, serve or sell food from a movable vehicle, portable structure or watercraft that routinely changes location, obtain a Mobile Food Operation License.
Please note that if you had a food license for your mobile in 2023, the expiration for your license is February 29th, 2024. If you plan to operate for any events during the April 2024 solar eclipse, you must apply for a Mobile Food Operation License for the 2024-2025 licensing year prior to the event. Your application MUST be submitted prior to March 31st, 2024 to allow our staff time to accommodate your request and schedule your inspection.
Mobile Fair Information – Date TBD
Click the following link to view and print the New Mobile Application
- A temporary campground is any tract of land used for no more than 7 consecutive days to park five or more recreational vehicles or portable camping units. If you plan to operate a campground for the April 2024 solar eclipse, please contact the Food & Recreation program at SCPH to obtain a temporary campground license.
- Please note – your application MUST be submitted at least THIRTY (30) days prior to the event to allow our staff time to accommodate your request and schedule your inspection.
- Click the following link to view and print the Temporary Campground Application
Protect your septic system and Water well or cistern!
Do not allow vehicles to be parked on or near any septic system or private water system components (tanks, leach area, well head, etc.) to prevent damage to sewage and water systems.
- Resources to help identify septic system components are located on our Homeowner Resources page: scph.org/water-quality/homeowner-resources
- If you are unsure where your septic system and private water system components are located, records may be viewed at: scph.org/water-quality/online-records-search
Residents with questions or concerns regarding their septic system or private water system can contact the Water Quality department at 330-926-5600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other great information
- Ohio Emergency Managment Solar Eclipse Information
- Summit County Emergency Managment District Solar Eclipse Info
Update Nov 07, 2023