Beginning March 1, 2021:
Summit County Public Health has experienced a very high demand of phone calls and web contacts alerting us to the challenges in securing a vaccine appointment. Due to the extensive demand, our phone and internet systems have struggled to keep up during our weekly scheduling sessions.
In an effort to reduce frustrations, SCPH is going to switch over to a lottery system that pulls a computer-generated random sample from our vaccine registry who will receive instructions on how to schedule an appointment.
Please note that individuals do not need to re-register in this system to be considered for the lottery. For those that have not registered, you can do so at the following link: https://www.scph.org/covid/receive-information-regarding-covid-19-vaccine
SCPH will begin the lottery process Monday, March 1st.
Frequently asked questions:
- How will the lottery work?
- A computer generated, random, sample will be pulled based on the vaccine allocation (quantity available). Those individuals will receive instructions via email on how to reserve their appointment.
- What if I don't have access to email/internet?
- Individuals on the registry who do not have an email address will be contacted via the phone number they provided at the time of registration.
- Can I schedule more than one appointment?
- No, each lottery entry is good for one vaccine appointment.
- What if I get chosen for the lottery and I miss my opportunity to schedule?
- Everyone who is currently qualified per the State's vaccination plan will be in the lottery each week.
- Will this method apply to 2nd doses as well?
- This new appointment method applies only to scheduling 1st dose appointments starting 3-1-21.
- Who is currently included in the lottery?
- As of 2-22-21, only 1B eligible people are included. If the state expands eligibility in the future, those newly eligible will be included as well.
SCPH is currently using the names on our vaccine registry for a lottery-style appointment notification system. Use this link to be included on our list. Current subgroup being offered 1st dose appointments: 1B age sub groups & qualifying health conditions (as of 2/24/21)
The healthcare centers, hospitals & pharmacies below are scheduled to receive small quantities of vaccine to provide in accordance with the State of Ohio Phase/Subgroup guidelines. They will be focused on providing vaccine to only those community members in the appropriate 1B subgroups. Please contact the location directly or check their website to find out their plan for scheduling/distribution. (Updated 02-03-21)
AKRON GENERAL HEALTH & WELLNESS CENTER - BATH
AXESSPOINTE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS/ARLINGTON
SUMMA HEALTH AKRON CAMPUS
SUMMA HEALTH BARBERTON CAMPUS
WESTERN RESERVE HOSPITAL
ACME PHARMACY - www.acmestores.com
DISCOUNT DRUG MART - discount-drugmart.com
GIANT EAGLE PHARMACY - gianteagle.com/covidvaccine
MAC PHARMACY - macpharmacy.com
MARC’S PHARMACY - marcs.com
Rite Aid - riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier
page reviewed - 2/25/21