Summit County residents have the opportunity to volunteer with the Summit County Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) and the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC). All volunteers must register on the Ohio responds Volunteer Registry at https://www.ohioresponds.odh.ohio.gov/.
For more information, contact the Citizen Corp Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Summit County CERT members must complete a 16 hour training before becoming certified.
- CERT trainings are offered multiple times throughout the year at various sites across Summit County.
Medical Reserve Corps (MRC)
- The MRC houses both medical and non-medical volunteers.
- The MRC volunteers will typically be utilized during a public health emergency or to support shelter and mass care activities in Summit County.
- First Responder Exercises
- Akron Canton Airport Drill
- Animal CERT Training
- Staffed Cooling/Warming Centers
- Regional trainings for volunteers in shelter and mass care response
- Summit County Walk
- Search and Rescue in Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- H1N1 Vaccination Clinics
- Multiple Disaster Response Drills and Exercises
- Red Cross Shelter Training/Full Scale Shelter Exercise
Upcoming CERT Training