Press Release - Summit County Restaurant/Bar Closure
Mar 15, 2020
March 15, 2020
Media Contact Phone Number: (330) 812-3700
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Akron, Ohio – Dr. Amy Acton, Ohio Department of Health Medical Director will sign orders that all Summit County restaurants and bars are ordered to close March 15, 2020 at 9:00 pm until further notice with the exception of delivery or carryout services.
As this disease spreads, we are urging all Summit County residents to follow the guidance from Governor Mike Dewine and Dr. Amy Acton, ODH Director to ban mass gatherings and to limit unnecessary exposures. While challenging, limiting the community’s exposure to this disease will make a lasting impact on reducing deaths associate with the virus.
Please remember these simple steps you can take to reduce the spread of viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap & water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol based hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands)
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes.
- Clean high touch surfaces frequently – phones, doorknobs, light switches, cell phones, etc.
- If you have any signs of sickness, stay home!
With the guidance of the Ohio Department of Health and the CDC we will continue to update Summit County residents with new information as it becomes available.
General public questions can be answered by calling:
SCPH call center Sat/Sun 9a-3p and M-F 9a-5p - 330-926-5795
OHD call center 7 days 9a-8p - 1-833-4-ASK-ODH