Medical Providers & Counseling Services
- Ascend Health Center – 1000 S. Cleveland Massillon Rd., Suite 1, Akron, 44333 Phone: 866-951-4325 Fax: 501-708-2185
- Quick access to counseling and psychiatry, couples counseling, addiction counseling, and women’s trauma group therapy
- Recommended for alternative options: massage therapy, Ketamine Infusions, and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- Medicaid and private insurance plans
Bellefaire, JCB - 1221 Waterloo Rd., Akron 44306 Phone: 234-208-4300 Fax 1: 330-724-7662 Fax 2: 216-932-8520; Email referrals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medicaid and self-pay
- Office-based assessment, counseling, tele-psychiatry, individual and family counseling, and community psychiatric support treatment (CPST)
- Catholic Charities of Summit County* - 812 Biruta St., Akron 44307 Phone: 330-762-7481 Fax: 330-762-2001; Email referrals to (all): email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interpreting: Spanish-speaking case manager
- Medicaid, private insurance, and self-pay
- Mental Health assessment, office-based and home-based services, individual and family counseling, and CPST
- Child Guidance & Family Solutions* - 18 N. Forge St., Akron 44304 | 87 N. Canton Rd., Akron 44305 | 524 W. Park Ave., Barberton 44203| 2100 Front St., Cuyahoga Falls 44221| 2305 E. Aurora Rd., Twinsburg 44087 |Phone: 330-762-0591 Fax: 330-762-2469 Email referrals to: email@example.com
- Office-based and home-based counseling and mental health services for children, youth, and families
- Interpreter services (office and home visiting)
- Medicaid, private insurance, and sliding fee scale
- Coleman Professional Services – 525 E. Market St., Akron 44304 Phone: 330-379-0667 Fax: 330-379-0695; Email referrals to: Jill.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individual counseling, psychiatry, tele-psychiatry, and case management
- Medicaid, Medicare, and private Insurance
- First appointment is walk-in appointment M, T, TH check-in 8:00am to 8:30am. May request appointment.
- Community Health Center (Addiction Treatment) - 725 E. Market St., Akron 44305 Phone: 330-315-2644 Fax: 330-315-5230
- Individual therapy, medication assessment and management, and CPST
- Medicaid, private Insurance, and self-pay
- Greenleaf Family Center - 580 Grant St., Akron 44311 Phone: 330-376-9494 x209 Fax: 330-376-4525 Email: email@example.com
- Office based behavioral/mental health assessment, individual and family counseling, and case management
- Medicaid, sliding scale, private insurance plans, and self-pay
- Interpreter services, including American Sign Language
- Minority Behavioral Health Group* - 1293 Copley Rd., Akron 44320 Phone: 330-374-1199 Email referrals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individual, group, family and couples therapy, assessment, case management, office-based and home-based services
- Medicaid, sliding scale, and self-pay
- Accept walk-in appointments at all times, every day. May make appointment as well.
- Ohio Guidestone* - 3094 W. Market St. Suite 105, Fairlawn 44333 Phone: 1-800-639-4974 x 2916 Fax: 330-983-9310; Email referrals to: SummitIntake@OhioGuidestone.org
- Home-based mental health assessment, home-based individual and family counseling, CPST, and psychiatry
- Medicaid, sliding fee scale, and self-pay
- Interpreter services (office and home visiting)
- Portage Path Behavioral Health - 340 S. Broadway St., Akron 44308 Phone: 330-253-3100 Fax: 330-253-5466; Email referrals to:email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individual counseling, psychiatric assessment, and psychiatric medication management
- Medicaid, sliding fee scale, self-pay, and select private insurance
- River Root Counseling – 2930 Edison St., NW, Uniontown 44685 Phone: 330-595-4563 Fax: 234-425-6375 Email referrals to: email@example.com
- Perinatal IOP services and individual outpatient counseling for any and all difficulties relating to perinatal & maternal mental health
- Self pay, medicaid, and select private insurance
- Small Behavioral Health Counseling, LLC - 1213 Coventry St., Akron 44306 Phone: 234-738-1860; Email referrals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A private mental health practice that provides psychotherapy (Talk Therapy), diagnostic and treatment services to adolescents and adults ages 12 and up with mental, emotional and behavioral needs.
- Currently, all services are provided via telehealth for OHIO RESIDENTS ONLY.
- Medicaid, Private Insurance, and Self-Pay
* Offer home visiting services
Mom Support Groups – Connect with other moms
Mom’s Group: Hosted by Akron Pregnancy Services on Fridays from 10-11:30am as a space toteach, support, and encourage all who come. Free childcare and lunch are provided. Text 330-577-3801 or call 330-434-2221 to get enrolled.
#Mom Life: Hosted by Cleveland Clinic Akron General on the 1st and 3rd Friday of the monthfrom 8:30am-10am and 10:30-12pm as a space for moms to enjoy one another and learn aboutrelevant parenting and family topics. Call Holly Carder at 330-344-7666 to get enrolled.
The Connect: Teen parenting support group hosted by First Glance on Tuesdays from 5-7pm.Group offers free dinner and childcare. Email Stacy Boyd at email@example.com to enroll.
MomMe Time: Looking to talk to other moms and learn about better coping and parenting resiliency skills? Child Guidance & Family Solutions and Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority offer a support group on Mondays from 5-6pm via Zoom. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call330-926-5611 to get login information.
Postpartum Support International: Find a national group led by the top postpartum agency in the nation at https://www.postpartum.net/get-help/
Virtual & In-Person Options
Waves: Hosted by Minority Behavioral Health Group and Summit County Public health, Waves is a group seeking to have open, candid conversations along with teaching methods to lessen the stress and better cope with parenting. Join us virtually every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month 11am-12pm on Zoom with Meeting ID: 8630355365 or email email@example.com or call 330-374-1199. WAVES is also now being offered in person every 4th Tuesday at 442 Bell St. Akron Ohio 44307 11am-12pm.