Are you at risk for lead poisoning?
KNOW THE FACTS
- Lead paint was used in homes until 1978.
- More than 38 million homes may still contain lead paint.
- DIY home projects with tear-down, sanding or power washing can cause lead exposure.
- Homes in these specific zip codes are at risk.
LEARN THE RISKS
Lead exposure in children and during pregnancy can lead to:
- learning problems
- slow groth
- hearing loss
- behavioral problems
- brain damage
- babies being born too small or prematurely
Grant money is available for reducing lead-based paint hazards in Summit County homes. To be eligible, the home must:
- Be located in Summit County
- Have been built before 1978
- Have a pregnant woman or child under age 6 in residence (or serve as a child care location for a child under 6
- Homeowners or tenants must meet income guidelines
|2018 Application||2018 Required Documentation||2018 Criteria Explanation|