One Life: HIV, Viral Hepatitis, and Substance Misuse Prevention Initiative
Summit County Public Health’s One Life Prevention Program is a 5-year federally funded grant through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
One Life is a prevention initiative focused on youth and young adults ages 13-24 years old that includes multiple components to prevent substance misuse and the transmission of HIV and viral hepatitis.
WHAT IS ONE LIFE?
- Free and confidential HIV and Hepatitis C screening and linkage to care at strategic sites throughout the county
- Say It Straight evidence-based empowerment and skills building program by certified trainers provided through the county at request
- Prevention messaging through social marketing methods throughout the county to increase education and awareness
- Capacity building focused on increase prevention services throughout the county, through training opportunities, technical assistance, and new community partnerships
SAY IT STRAIGHT™ TRAINING
A research-based skills building program that results in:
- Empowered communication skills and behaviors
- Increased self-awareness, positive relationships, and personal and social responsibility
- Decreased engagement in risky or destructive behaviors
HOST A SAY IT STRAIGHT™ PROGRAM
Trainers are available to bring this program to your school, youth group, or parent group FREE of charge! This is a 6-10 session program delivered over a period of one month or less, and can be formatted to fit your organization. Please call 330-812-3919 for more information.
GET TESTED TODAY
HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Locations
759 West Market Street 1st Floor
Akron, OH 44303
Portage County Health District
705 Oakwood St 2nd Floor
Ravenna, OH 44266
Summit County Public Health
1867 West Market Street
Akron, OH 44313