These are steps that Summit County residents cab continue to follow to prevent the spread of infectious disease.
- Get vaccinated and stay up to date with recommended boosters
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or sleeve, or a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands afterwards.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom or before eating. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home if you have cold- or flu-like symptoms, and remain home until you have been fever-free (without fever reducing medicine) for 24 hours.
- Clean your hands often.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. This is especially important after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry.
- Soap and water are the best option, especially if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
page reviewed 08/15/2022