One Life: HIV, Viral Hepatitis, and Substance Misuse Prevention Initiative
Summit County Public Health’s One Life Prevention Program is a 5-year federally funded grant through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
One Life is a prevention initiative focused on youth and young adults ages 13-24 years old that includes multiple components to prevent substance misuse and the transmission of HIV and viral hepatitis.
WHAT IS ONE LIFE?
- Free and confidential HIV and Hepatitis C screening and linkage to care at strategic sites throughout the county
- Say It Straight evidence-based empowerment and skills building program by certified trainers provided through the county at request
- Prevention messaging through social marketing methods throughout the county to increase education and awareness
- Capacity building focused on increase prevention services throughout the county, through training opportunities, technical assistance, and new community partnerships
SAY IT STRAIGHT™ TRAINING
A research-based skills building program that results in:
- Empowered communication skills and behaviors
- Increased self-awareness, positive relationships, and personal and social responsibility
- Decreased engagement in risky or destructive behaviors
HOST A SAY IT STRAIGHT™ PROGRAM
Trainers are available to bring this program to your school, youth group, or parent group FREE of charge! This is a 6-10 session program delivered over a period of one month or less, and can be formatted to fit your organization. Please call 330-926-5661 for more information.
GET TESTED TODAY
HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Locations
759 West Market Street 1st Floor
Akron, OH 44303
Summit County Public Health
1867 West Market Street
Akron, OH 44313