SCPH has a Chronic Disease Prevention Unit that works to implement policy, systems, and environmental changes at the community level to prevent the onset of chronic conditions.
- Reduce chronic disease burden among Summit County residents
- Chronic Disease Goal 1: Increase access to healthy foods (Healthy Eating)
- Chronic Disease Goal 2: Increase physical activity opportunities (Physical Activity)
- Chronic Disease Goal 3: Reduce the prevalence of tobacco use (Tobacco)
- Chronic Disease Goal 4: Increase access to standardized screening and evidence-based treatment services (Screening & Treatment)